Re: Major update just committed

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Major update just committed
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:15:24 +0200

On Thu, 29 May 2003 06:46:44 +0300, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:

> If we continue like that, we won't have a stable version before 21.34,
> and the current CVS code that has so many useful improvements will not
> be released before year 2035.  If we want to do better, we should use
> will power to resist the temptation to fix non-critical bugs.
>
> (Sorry for being in such a grumpy mood so early in the morning.)

Grumpy or not, some of us fully agree with you :)

What's wrong with:

 - branching now (or at least soonish) for a "new features" 21.5

 - releasing ASAP (for S ~ 0) the current RC branch as the last of the 21.[234]
bugfix releases

 - joining the emacs_unicode branch into the trunk so developers can
start to test it more thoroughly

The more we wait, the harder will be to bring emacs_unicode back in sync
with the trunk.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u