The display margin

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: The display margin
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 17:22:29 +0100

Following Kim's changes, I thought it might be timely to ask a question
about the display margin.

When a breakpoint is set, using M-x gdba as debugger, an icon is placed in the
margin. The toolbar can be used to do this but the cursor must be placed on the
appropriate line beforehand. I would like to be able to do this directly with a
binding like:

(define-key gud-minor-mode-map [left-margin mouse-1] 'gud-break)

This does work but currently only if cursor is placed on the appropriate line
beforehand as with the toolbar.

Q: Could this binding be made to work, so that the breakpoint is set where
the click is made in the margin, regardless of the location of the cursor?

Nick