Re: Extending the abbrev facility in elisp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Extending the abbrev facility in elisp
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:49:01 -0400

    It seems that there is no easy way to extend the abbrev facility in elisp
    because all the processing is done in C.  Any objection to the patch below
    which makes it possible to redefine, advise, debug-on-entry, ...
    `expand-abbrev' ?

I have no real objection, but I wish people would implement some
of the important projects in etc/TODO rather than making extensions
like these.