Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?
Date: 22 May 2003 12:03:11 +0200

>     My understanding is that some of the currently popular small
>     devices do not support floating point.  I do not know for sure,
>     but if true, then potentially, millions of people could use such
>     an Emacs.
>
> Nowadays GCC provides emulated floating point even if the machine
> does not support it.

But on embedded devices one might not particularly cherish the
program space taken up by floating point emulation routines that you
might never need.  And on some of those small devices, gcc might not
be available.

I don't know whether this is relevant compared to the size and
availability of Emacs overall, but it might be something to keep in
mind.