Re: Customizing fontsets

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Customizing fontsets
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 07:17:24 +0200

Oliver Scholz <address@hidden> writes:

> But wouldn't it be an option to add a `custom-set-fontsets' besides
> `custom-set-faces' and `custom-set-variables'?
> In fact I started to work on it.

I am happy to see somebody work on it!

> Currently I wonder what the default values should be that a
> "fontset-widget" should present to the user. The return-value of
> `fontset-info' is simply to large, I think. It seems weird that a user
> should specify a fontset covering two or three charsets in her .emacs
> or in .Xresources -- and is confronted with a list of dozens of
> charsets then, when she wants to customize it later.

I don't understand.  When you run M-x customize-fontset RET
fontset-default RET, you expect to see a widget that explains the
value of "fontset-default", and offer a way to change it.  Thus, all
the info returned by (fontset-info "fontset-default") must be visible
and editable at some point.  Unless you are proposing some sort of
fontset-inheritance mechanism?

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/alex.pl