Re: URL filename syntax?

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: URL filename syntax?
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:50:24 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

[...]
> I definitely prefer the current tramp syntax!  It does the job well,
> has a tidy syntax, works well with read-file-name (and ido), and it
> doesn't pretend to be something it ain't.
[...]

I'd just like to point out, that an URL syntax has one big advantage
for *new* users: most users are familiar with it already. If they are
told that Emacs can edit remote files, they are probably able to use
Tramp/ange-ftp right away without learning a new syntax.

    Oliver
--
25 Germinal an 211 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!