problem in installing tamil fonts

From: Prashant Baronia
Subject: problem in installing tamil fonts
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:55:51 +0530 (IST)

we have installed the recently given tamil,malayalam and kannada(CDAC
pune) fonts
in emacs (by converting the ttf fonts to bdf ) and then installing it in
/usr/local/share/emacs/fonts directory where already devanagri fonts were
available9which are working properly) . My problem is that emacs is not
detecting these fonts can ne
one help me and give me the detailed procedure what to do  so that we can
use emacs
with tamil ,malyalam and kannada.
Thanking you all,
                  Yours Sincerely ,