Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:13:11 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden  writes:

   But I would prefer that it would be easy to drag the thumb of the
   scrollbar such that end of buffer is shown in the *last* line of the
   window.  IMVHO that's a more interesting position to scroll to.

You could change the `end-of-buffer' command so that you can set a
variable that causes it to stop on the last line instead of three
lines from the end, as it does now.  (I recommend using a variable
because I like the current behavior, which enables me to write several
extra lines on a buffer without the buffer text moving in the window.)

   The big problem is: how to make it *easy* to scroll end of buffer
   to the last window line ...

I bind the `end-of-buffer' command to the <end> key, so it is easy to
scroll to the position I like.  If you change the command, with a
variable, then it will be equally easy for you to scroll to the place
you want.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden