Re: building directory

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: building directory
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:12:43 -0500

    I think an other approach along the lines of yours would be
    to simply adjust the initial `load-history'.  That would
    give you the equivalent of `source-file', but using `symbol-file'.
    It's probably not that different in the end.  Although
    the generalization to built-in variables is more obvious.

That would work.  Searching for a DEFUN line would finish the job.

    My patch (see below) simply relies on having TAGS built in the
    source directory.

That is distinctly not as good.