Re: scrollbar (once more)

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: scrollbar (once more)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:15:15 +0000 (UTC)

I am able to reproduce this oddity using *today's* CVS snapshot, but
earlier, I could not reproduce it using yesterday's CVS snapshot.  It
is possible that with yesterday's CVS snapshot, I did not scroll down
far enough to see the effect; but I don't know.

In any event, this is a reproduceable oddity.

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

   Just a strange little detail about the native scrollbar.  ....

   Do C-h n, put the region around:

   GNU Emacs NEWS -- history of user-visible changes.  2001-03-15
   Copyright (C) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Free Software Foundation,
   Inc.  See the end for copying conditions.

   Make sure that the trailing newline is included.

   C-x n n.

   The thumb now covers the entire scrollbar.  No problem with me.

   Third line to the top.  Thumb shrinks to expected size.

   Final step of overscrolling: last line to the top.

   The thumb now covers nearly the entire length of the scrollbar,
   because the inaccessible portion all of a sudden starts "counting".

   Does this make sense?

Reproduced using:

Today's CVS snapshot, Thu, 2003 Apr  3  12:40 UTC
GNU Emacs 21.3.50.271 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
LUCID tool kit
started with

     /usr/local/bin/emacs -q --no-site-file --eval '(blink-cursor-mode 0)'

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden