Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:27:57 -0600 (CST)

Owen Taylor wrote:

   GTK+ apps can already do both - I described how to implement the
   second in some detail in a recent mail.

   What I'm opposed to is having dragging the scrollbar to the bottom
   scroll to the last page of the document, then dragging it _past_
   the bottom overscroll the buffer. I don't think dragging past
   the end is a meaningful feature to have for this widget.

Am I misunderstanding something?  This is the behavior of the native
scrollbar:

C-x b : new buffer, no scrolling possible.

type `a' : still no scrolling possible.

type NEWLINE `b' : now I can scroll to bring `b' to the top but no
further.  Does anybody want to scroll further than that?  The native
scrollbar can presently not do that.

Sincerely,

Luc.