Re: Old redisplay bug in xdisp.c, question about change

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Old redisplay bug in xdisp.c, question about change
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:27:41 -0500

    The comments indicate that the menu does not need to be updated, but
    apparently the tool bar is not updated either, because w->update_mode_line
    is not set to Qt.

    There seems to be no ill effects from reverting this change, but since I
    don't know why it was made in the first place, I can not be sure.
    Does anybody remember the reason for this change?

I think I made this change just as an optimization.  So it could be
reverted safely.

Another alternative is to execute, in that case,
just the parts of the if-statement that are really needed in that case.