Re: sh-script.el and magic numbers

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: sh-script.el and magic numbers
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:04:47 -0600 (CST)

Glenn Morris wrote:

   No, I mean what was said in the thread I referred to, namely:

   # -*- mode: sh; sh-shell: csh; mode-line-process: "[csh]"-*-

   which works without the need for enabling eval of local variables. But it's
   a little ugly, and doesn't work right, since it still prints "indentation
   set up for shell type bash". I'd prefer just a single variable that
   controls what shell flavour a file is.

and:

   and doesn't work right, since it still prints "indentation
   set up for shell type bash".

The problem is not just that it prints that, worse: it is actually
true.

Do C-c C-c.  Answer "a" or whatever to all questions. You now indeed
get switch.  But, look at the indentation.  Then use my mode line. Do
the same thing over.  Does the indentation not look a lot better?

While the solution you describe does not involve eval, it still
involves a hook local variable.

Sincerely,

Luc.