Re: GTK version checked in.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GTK version checked in.
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:06:33 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Jan D. wrote:

> I could not figure out the structure of the NEWS file, so if someone
> can explain it, I'll add something there also.

NEWS should be edited in Outline Mode.  The "**", "***", etc. prefixes
mark sections and subsections.  We try to arrange things so that more
important changes come first (I think GTK support is one of the more
important ones).  User-level and Lisp-level changes are described
separately (there's a header for Lisp changes that precedes the Lisp
section).  The "+++" and "---" markers before the NEWS items are
explained at the beginning of the file.

Is there anything else you don't understand?  If so, please ask specific
questions.

And thanks for making this happen.