Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:21:39 -0500

    > JDK is not free software.  Can XSLT-process work with a free Java
    > platform instead?

    I haven't tested this. If the free Java platform has the necessary
    support, I don't see any problem for Java portion of XSLT-process to
    run on it.

That's exactly the question--do any free Java platforms have the
necessary support?

What Java features does the Java portion of XSLT-process need?

The free Java platforms support only part of what JDK supports.  We
cannot assume that any given Java program will run on them.  The only
way to find out is to try it.  Could you possibly try it and see?

    > (How does Java relate to this, anyway?)

    Emacs acts as a front-end for the XSLT debugger written for the Saxon
    and Xalan XSLT processors.

Unfortunately, I now know no more than before.  Which part of this is
a Java program?  Did you write the Java program?  What is its name?