Re: reconsider defaults custom group

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: reconsider defaults custom group
Date: 06 Jan 2003 09:30:52 -0700

to clarify:

i was never interested in actually changing the defaults.  that may be useful
for some of these, but was not my intention.

when it comes to default options the high-level goal for any product should be
to satisfy the most people.  but some options are chosen equally both
directions.  that means a default cannot be meaningfully chosen.

that is why i think popular-options.el should always be a part of the editor.
a link from the welcome page could say something like "click to edit popularly
changed options.".  the displayed customization list should be sorted by those
options which most equally split the community.