Re: Emacs crash in X

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs crash in X
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 22:26:03 -0500

The backtrace doesn't *prove* anything, but all the evidence strongly
suggests that the error comes from the XSetInputFocus function.

I suspect it is an error to specify a window on a different workspace.
I suspect the bug is the failure to call XSync so as to detect the
error before x_uncatch_errors.

It looks like you're testing the latest CVS sources now.  I just
installed a fix in xterm.c and alloc.c that I hope will fix this.
Does it?