Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 14:11:12 +0100 (CET)

> I do not understand.  Why would it need to be rewritten?  Is GTK and
> its documentation free software?  If we want it in the superior
> Texinfo format, of course, but what if we are (reluctantly) willing to
> use the html files as they are?  That is all the URL would provide
> anyway.  The document does not seem to be that huge.  I took a look at
> it.  Over a slow internet connection.  Plenty of "10k read stalled".
> Forever.  Interrupt transfer. Try again...  More of the same.  No fun.

That is what I mean, rewritten to texinfo.  I think this is a must
for Emacs documentation.

> Anyway, why not just include it in the Emacs distribution?

There is the problem of keeping it up to date.  I know the format
for GTK resources changed a bit from 1.2 to 2.0 (added font_name),
I haven't looked if 2.2 has any changes.
Who knows what 2.4 will look like?

        Jan D.