Re: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:02:36 -0500

    I would have thought it was obvious from the files that people have
    reported they had success reverting that the following change is what
    triggered the break in bootstrapping:

            * faces.el (face-set-after-frame-default): Ignore errors
            in face-spec-face-set.

            * cus-face.el (custom-declare-face): Add face-defface-spec
            prop after applying the face spec.

I can't see anything in that change that might have caused either of
these files to need cl, or need anything they did not need before.
Can you?