Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 00:40:50 -0500

Alan Shutko <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't think so.  Last I read, the plan was to get rid of the
> debian install-info in favor of some other type of system, allowing
> GNU install-info to be installed, but not using it for anything.

And there's still the problem we've never quite resolved, but made
some progress on from time to time regarding how to handle installing
info pages for multiple versions of emacs (or anything else --
autoconf, automake, etc.) at the same time.  I'm still planning to
revisit this when I can, but anyone else who is interested is welcome
to work on it.

Fixing things so that each separate tree of info pages is internally
self consistent (say the emacs-19 tree and the emacs-21 tree) probably
isn't too tall an order, but deciding what to do about cross
references from other packages (or sets of pages like elisp.info)
looks to be non-trivial.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu