Re: Bug in remote file save.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Bug in remote file save.
Date: 14 Sep 2002 01:23:44 +0200

Alan Shutko <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know why it complains about a keyboard macro, but it does.

It is the (beep) call in ask-user-about-supersession-threat which
issues that warning.

However, for this to happen, the executing-kbd-macro variable must be
non-nil.  This normally only happens when executing a keyboard macro.

Looking through the code, I only found two places where a package
explicitly sets the executing-kbd-macro variable; both of them in the
`calc' package.

The purpose seems to be a kludge to avoid some form of message from
save-buffer, but at the same time calc seems to install some kind of
save-buffer hook (I haven't tried to understand that part), so if that
hook is called with executing-kbd-macro set to non-nil (or the hook
function sets that variable itself), you will get the keyboard macro
error message if an error occurs during save-buffer via ange-ftp...

So my question is: Were you using (or had loaded) calc when this
happened?