Re: INFO on add-ons

From: David A. Cobb
Subject: Re: INFO on add-ons
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 19:59:40 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

Would nearly everyone agree that folks who provide/maintain packages or FSF Emacs

Please don't call our program "FSF Emacs".  That term was
coined by XEmacs developers and it is subtly a put-down.

Absolutely no put-down or negative conotation was intended. To anyone whose toes feel bruised I sincerely apologise.

I don't think all Emacs packages need their own manuals.
Only some of them need manuals.

No, not manuals.  But 1 - 5 Info pages for the user would be nice.

And some things do deserve a full-up users' manual.

By now there is far, far more in (X)Emacs than /any/ user is likely to have on the top of her head.