ediff user interface (Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes)

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: ediff user interface (Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 02:11:09 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> No, I mean ediff shouldn't use the stupid little `command frame'.

One can get used to it, believe me :)

> It shouldn't use any new frames at all, it should just make the ediff
> commands available in the two buffers being diffed.

But then it is impossible to edit buffer A or B directly.  I you don't
want the command frame you either will have to make use of complicate
key combos or toggle between an edit and a command mode (like vi).
Maybe, toggling mode isn't that bad.

The features are basically there (start Emacs with -nw and call ediff),
but it isn't that easy to customize ediff.

> [ediff's user interface seems generally pretty bad; I like the
> functionality, but never use it because it drives me nuts every time I
> try]

It's a challenge to work with ediff but also it's fun!

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o