Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:02:22 +0200

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:57:16 -0400, "Stefan Monnier"
<monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm sure that overriding-minor-mode-map-alist could be used as well.

I'm unable to find anything about overriding-minor-mode-map-alist. I
assume you're talking about overriding-local-map...

> I don't like `read-event' because it fails to obey function-key-map
> and key-translation-map and because it doesn't run post/pre-command-hook
> and other such things.

I don't like either. I don't see any gain switching from the electric.el
prepackaged command-loop to an explicit `read-event' or
`read-key-sequence' loop. I'm talking more of a keymap-oriented approach,
perhaps via `overriding-local-map' or something

> Note that all those different approaches behave subtly differently,
> so the trade-offs are not always obvious.  It might be worth trying
> out something like overriding-terminal-local-map and see how it works.

Yes, I'll try to take a look into it.

Thanks,

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u