Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/etc/NEWS

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/etc/NEWS
Date: 25 Apr 2002 15:31:06 -0400

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 01:14, Pavel Janík wrote:

> should the default be ${prefix}/var/games/emacs?

Actually what I wrote there was wrong; the default is really
${localstatedir}/games/emacs.  Fixed.

> Ie. /usr/local/var/games/emacs in the default case?

This will end up being the default case, yes.  Do you have a suggestion
for something better?

I just changed my build
> script and added --with-game-dir=/var/games/emacs, because I use prefix
> /usr and do not want it to be in /usr/var/games/emacs.

You could also use --localstatedir=/var.  This is what the Debian
packages will do, for sure.