Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:04:56 +0200

>> From: Terje Bless <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:03:10 +0200
>>
>> I've been using XEmacs for programming since the early nineties. I _still_
>> have no clue how to switch between buffers from the keyboard!
>
> Is this complaint about the documentation or about the functionality?

To make people learn the bindings, it could be useful if selecting
stuff from menus left a message in the minibuffer explaining the key
binding.  E.g., selecting something from the Buffers menu could result
in a message "You can also use C-x b to switch buffers".  (Buffers
might not be the best example since selecting a buffer from the menu
isn't exactly the same as using C-x b, but I'm sure there are other
examples that map better.)  I think something similar exists if you
type a M-x command which is bound in the current mode?