Re: TeX called improperly

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: TeX called improperly
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:43:37 -0600 (MDT)

It looks like the normal value of tex-start-options-string
consists of TeX commands that start with backslashes: \nonstopmode\input.
You are using it with a value that has the syntax of
typical Unix command line options.  I would have thought that was
the wrong way to use this variable, but since you expected it to
work, maybe you know something I don't.  Perhaps I dont
fully understand the command syntax TeX accepts.

Karl, can you give advice?