Re: update-game-score

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: update-game-score
Date: 06 Apr 2002 19:18:20 -0500

[ No need to CC me, by the way, since I read this list ]

On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 03:18, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> IMHO, this code needs to take non-Posix platforms into consideration,
> unless the intent is to run it only on Unix and GNU/Linux systems.

Well, ok.  But I personally don't have (superuser) access to anything
besides Debian GNU/Linux, which makes testing it elsewhere difficult.

> If non-Posix systems are relevant, you should be aware that <pwd.h>
> and the getpwuid function are not universally available.  In fact,
> AFAIK, getpwuid wasn't even part of Posix until very recently, so some
> older Posix systems might not have it as well.  So some
> autoconfiscation or system-dependent ifdef's are in order.

Yeah. I imagine some system-dependent ifdefs will sneak in there.  But
at this point, it's still very much a work in progress...