Re: Question about copy-region-as-kill

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Question about copy-region-as-kill
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 19:46:59 +0200

Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden> writes:

> The same counts for me.  Copying properties is annoying.  Only hackers
> think regular users would like such a behavior.

I wonder what do DTP and word processing programs do?  I guess if you
copy an italic word from one place to another it stays italic.

After Emacs moves in the wysiwyg direction, I guess that people used
to other wysiwyg programs would expect similar behavior, ie that text
properties are copied.  But then, I'm a hacker, so what do I know...

I guess that properties added by font-lock are different.  Hm.  On
the other hand, you could get the effect of htmlize.el by simply
doing C-x h M-w C-x b foo RET C-y to copy some program text into the
foo buffer (which presumably contains a wysiwyg-type document).
Doesn't that sound sweet?

kai
--
Silence is foo!