Re: controlling hollow box cursor

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: controlling hollow box cursor
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 22:09:48 -0800 (PST)

Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:49:31 -0700 (MST): Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     However, IIRC, Richard didn't want to make this configurable.
>
> I don't think it would do any special harm for this to be
> configurable, I just have not seen enough reason to think it is worth
> the effort.

The reason depends on the display system you have.  On my system the
hollow box cursor really obscures the character underneath and
currently users must accept it with the blinking cursor.

I proposed that kludge solution, I admit it was, because you mentioned
that making it configurable would do a harm (bloat) last time.

-Tak