Re: input-pending-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: input-pending-p
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 05:01:39 -0700 (MST)

I am not surprised that you did not learn anything because your
method was to observe the function from the outside only.
That method is so ineffective that I recommend never trying it.

To figure out what happens inside get_input_pending, you have to
investigate it from the inside.  If you save data recorded at various
points within the function, you might learn something useful.  Try to
find out what kind of input events are in the queue or passed through
the queue.  Try to find out what sort of X events were read in, and
where control passed in the handling of them.  That is a sure and
steady method to get to the bottom of things.