Re: Why tool-bar-mode t by default?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Why tool-bar-mode t by default?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:25:28 +0100

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:17:56 +0100, Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Because we couldn't think of a reason not to, and it makes customize
> work better.

Well, it was nil on 21.1 (at least on Windows).

Setting it to t by default and then resetting it to nil in .emacs
causes (or caused) problems with the initial frame size.

(on address@hidden).

> Sound like the standard value should test for Windows.  What is the
> clean way to do that?

Don't know, I suppose doing something like

:init-value (not (eq system-type 'windows-nt))

or the like.

OTOH, at least now it works fine with (tool-bar-mode -1) on .emacs

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u