Re: Emacs on VMS

From: Roar Thronæs
Subject: Re: Emacs on VMS
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:41:29 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     What I have got so far is available at:
>     ftp.nvg.ntnu.no /pub/vms/emacs/emacs21_1.tgz
>     It is diffable against an ordinary 21.1.
>
> It is not feasible for me to access that.  Can you email us
> the diffs for the single .c file that has the biggest diffs?
> That will give a picture of how hard this is.

That might be sysdep.c, even though it is a bit bigger than it should be
due to testing alternative functions.
The -u diff is 17 k large.

The -ru diff against an ordinary 21.1 is 118 k large, by the way.

It is mostly stuff that has been there before, but there are some some new
patches, #ifdefs and two new functions.

--
Regards,
-Roar Thronæs