Re: Size of splash screen (Re: "About Emacs" menu item?)

From: Al Petrofsky
Subject: Re: Size of splash screen (Re: "About Emacs" menu item?)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 14:05:43 -0800

> From: "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>

> The tty version of the splash screen is carefully crafted to take no
> more than what a single screenful can display.

I realize that it's deliberately compact enough to fit in a 24-row
tty, and that's a good thing, but it's not completely sufficient,
because ttys (which are mostly pseudo-ttys these days), come in all
shapes and sizes.

I wouldn't suggest that any great effort be spent on supporting short
ttys, but a simple "press space to scroll" seems reasonable.

-al