Re: MS Windows mouse highlighting and help

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: MS Windows mouse highlighting and help
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:55:28 -0700 (MST)

The most convenient way for this to work would be to highlight all the
error messages as soon as they get inserted in the buffer.  The reason
I didn't make it work that way is because finding and recognizing the
error messages is slow, and I thought users might resent the delay.

Computers are faster now; it might be fast enough now.  Would someone
like to modify compile.el to scan each line for error messages when it
is inserted?  We could see if that is acceptably fast now.