Re: ange-ftp + cperl-mode + replace-string bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ange-ftp + cperl-mode + replace-string bug
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:35:39 -0700 (MST)

    ange-ftp runs some hooks which perform regexp matching on the opened
    file name, and it looks like these matches do confuse the matcher in
    replace-string.

(Do you mean replace-match?  I think so.)

It looks like you have tracked this down more than half way.  If you
can find the calls to replace-match which get confused, I could
probably fix the problem.

If you add (debug) to these hooks so you can get a backtrace,
that backtrace could help you find the replace-match calls.