Re: Time for v21.2?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Time for v21.2?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:21:06 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Kevin A. Burton)
> Date: 09 Jan 2002 15:27:52 -0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Should we start the release cycle for version 21.2?  AFAICS, the rate of
> > changes to the branch has all but died.
>
> Would this be the normal pretest cycle?  It would be nice to have Alpha level
> code to test.

I think you misunderstand: v21.2 will be the bug-fix version produced
from the EMACS_21_1_RC branch, not from the development trunk.  So
it's not alpha-level, it should be approximately as stable as v21.1.

It's up to Richard to decide how to conduct the pretest, but I'd hope
the pretest for 21.2 could be short, since we tried very hard to add
only safe bugfixes.  (It remains to be seen whether we succeeded ;-)