Re: transient-mark-mode: change default

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: transient-mark-mode: change default
Date: 28 Nov 2001 19:10:31 +0000

Selecting a region with the mouse already highlights the active
region.  If you turn on pc-selection-mode, then the active region is
highlighted when you use Shift-arrow keys to select the region, but left
un-highlighted when you use the traditional Emacs set-mark commands
(C-@ etc).

Perhaps turning on pc-selection-mode by default would be better than
enabling transient-mark-mode (which I, as a seasoned Emacs user, find
annoying, since I don't want the mark to be transient).

--
Jason Rumney