Re: bug in exit-recursive-edit in Emacs 21.1

From: Paul Kinnucan
Subject: Re: bug in exit-recursive-edit in Emacs 21.1
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:06:18 -0500

Richard Stallman writes:
 >     Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p
 > #<window 66>)
 >       select-window(#<window 66>)
 >       exit-recursive-edit()
 >
 > Does this replacement macro fix the problem?
 > You'll have to recompile wid-edit.el with it.

Yes. That solves the problem. Is there any way that the JDE can provide this as
a fix without requiring Emacs 21 users to recompile wid-edit.el or perform
any other steps? If not, I'll simply not delete the window on Emacs 21 and
wait for a fix in a subsequent version of Emacs.

Thank you for the prompt response and as always your great gift to
the programming community.

- Paul