Re[1]: Emacs lisp file templates?

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[1]: Emacs lisp file templates?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:48:07 -0500

>>> Bill Wohler <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>  The header of the mh-e files contain stuff from maintainers past.
>  Stuff like this:
>
>    ;; Time-stamp: <2001-07-15 09:36:30 pavel>
>    ;; Maintainer: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
>    ;; Bug-reports: include `M-x mh-version' output in any correspondence
>
>  Some of them are used in other lisp files, others are not. Other
>  than the copyright info, I could not find these header fields defined
>  in the Information For Maintainers of GNU Software, GNU Coding
>  Standards, or the Coding Conventions section of the Emacs Lisp
>  manual.
>
>  Is there a document or template that discusses the header of an
>  Emacs lisp file and describes what must, should, or could be there?
>  Is there software that maintains these header fields? Uses them?
>
>  I'd like these files to be conformant and consistent. I have no idea
>  about the former; they certainly aren't the latter. Thanks!
  [ ... ]

One of the best ways to see if your headers are in good order is to
run 'lm-verify' in lisp-mnt (I think lm stands for Lisp Maintainer).
Checkdoc will do some of those checks via the lisp-mnt package also.

Eric

--
          Eric Ludlam:                 address@hidden, address@hidden
   Home: www.ultranet.com/~zappo            Siege: www.siege-engine.com