Re: w32menu.c patch to fix display of menu item help strings

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: w32menu.c patch to fix display of menu item help strings
Date: 15 Nov 2001 19:50:38 +0000

"David Ponce"<address@hidden> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I submit you a small patch to w32menu.c (I think the latest CVS
> version) to get menu item :help strings displayed in the echo area.

Do the titles of popup-menus (eg Ctrl-mouse-1) still display with your
patch? (I am currently on GNU/Linux, so can't check). Every attempt I
have made to fix this in the past has resulted in the titles of
popup-menus not displaying anymore, so I am trying to find some way
around this before I install any fix for it.

> !   if (item != NULL) {

Please note that the GNU coding conventions are to place all curly
braces on the next line. You should download the GNU coding standards
info file from gnu.org and read it, as it contains a lot of
information you will need to make your contributions to GNU software
more valuable.

--
Jason Rumney