Re: Please help developing Emacs

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Please help developing Emacs
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:01:23 +0100

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:11:54 +0200 (IST), Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you never wrote or changed any Emacs-related code, and are not sure
> in your abilities, pick up simple jobs at first.

I certainly would like to help, particularly in the NT port, but as
I said you in private email a few months ago, I think is not easy for
a newcomer (with a limited amount of free time, as we all are) to
start collaborating. I'm in the category Richard has mentioned when
he said, a few messages ago:

> I believe you--but I don't have time to talk with people who want
> to help and don't know how.  Educating them is a useful thing to do,
> but I can't do it.

at least with respect to the C sources (not the language :)

Well, I'll try the route you indicate (small bugs first) and we'll see
how it goes.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u