Allow mark-paragraph to mark more than 1 paragraph

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Allow mark-paragraph to mark more than 1 paragraph
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:59:07 +0100

I suggest to extend mark-paragraph so that it can mark more than one
paragraph.  I propose an optional argument N which gives the number of
paragraphs to mark.  (mark-paragraph nil) and (mark-paragraph 1)
would behave (mark-paragraph) behaves now.  (mark-paragraph N) with
N>1 would mark the current paragraph and the N-1 following
paragraphs.  (mark-paragraph -N) with N>1 would mark the current
paragraph and the N-1 preceding paragraphs.

It's not clear to me what (mark-paragraph 0) and (mark-paragraph -1)
should do.

Another issue: right now, mark-paragraph leaves point at the
beginning and mark at the end of the paragraph.  This easily extends
to marking the following paragraphs.  But what do we do for marking
_preceding_ paragraphs?  Leave point at end (ie, closer to point-max)
and mark at beginning (ie, closer to point-min)?

(Some years ago, I talked about this with Richard.  He agreed to this
change back then, AFAIR, but I think we didn't talk about marking
preceding paragraphs, only following paragraphs.)

I'm willing to do the work, of course.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.