Re: Please help developing Emacs

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Please help developing Emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 02:06:19 +0100

address@hidden (Kevin A. Burton) writes:

> Why not have an emacs.gnu.org website?
>
> There is this:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html
>
> but there really isn't much there.  I think we could do better! :)

I currently recommend the Emacs Wiki.  At the moment it is used for
newbie help, links to modes, elisp examples, info on existing ports,
etc.  Why not use it for community building, design notes, progress
reports?

The benefit of a wiki over a traditional site is that maintenance is
distributed.  Anybody can edit the pages.

The benefit of a wiki over a newsforge/slash/scoop kind of portal is
simplicity.  A simple layout, and no registering, voting, stories,
comments, scores, etc.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/