JIT stealth font-lock tuning parameters

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: JIT stealth font-lock tuning parameters
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:50:15 +0200

Once upon a time, there was a thread (on emacs-pretesters, I think)
where someone said that Emacs burns up too many CPU cycles doing
stealth fontification when it was idle.

To solve this, I suggested to change the values of two variables
which tune the operation of JIT stealth:

 (setq jit-lock-stealth-time 16)
 (setq jit-lock-stealth-nice 0.5)

(The default values are 3 and 0.125, respectively.)

I suggested these values because I always run with them, and the CPU
load I measure when Emacs is idle is generally less than 10%,
normally about 5%.

I asked people to try these values and report the results, and my
impression was that everybody liked them.

So the question is: does anyone object to making these values the
default values?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.