Re: Customizing the fringe bitmaps

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Customizing the fringe bitmaps
Date: 07 Nov 2001 11:56:40 +0100

address@hidden (Kevin A. Burton) writes:

> Could I put multiple bitmaps on the same fringe on the same line?

Currently not - and you (ie. emacs lisp) don't really have any control
over what is shown in the fringe.

> Seems like this would work well for vertical line numbering.

I've had the same idea, but looking at the code doesn't allow that easily.
And it has to be done by emacs internals.

> The XPM format seems like it would be nice for this.

Sure, but I like the simplicity of editing the bitmaps inside emacs
so I can try out the effect of changes to a bitmap immediately.