Re: rfc1345.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: rfc1345.el
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:32:42 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     The file leim/quail/rfc1345.el in the current CVS seems to be
>     incomplete or corrupted.
>
> I don't see anything obviously wrong.  Would you please be more
> specific?

Ah, I see what happened: I was working on Windows when I wrote that, and
rfc1345.el has a ^Z character near its beginning.  ^Z is a kind-of
``software EOF'' on DOS and Windows, so most text-processing programs
there stop reading when they see the first ^Z.

I suggest to either remove that character (it's in a comment anyway) or
replace it with some octal escape.  If that is somehow impossible, the
only alternative is to mark that file binary in the CVS (which has some
nasty side effects, and is thus not recommended).