Re: address@hidden: C-k must be repeated in "shell" to kill a line that

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C-k must be repeated in "shell" to kill a line that has a prompt]
Date: 31 Oct 2001 08:53:04 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> Maybe we should think about extending the field commands so that they
> can understand the notion of "inside a field" and "outside of any
> field".  I.e. the text after the prompt is a field, but the rest is
> not.
>
> So a nil field-property would have a special meaning.

I guess that seems like the most reasonable approach.  However in the
case of comint, input and output (including the prompt) areas both have
a non-nil field.  Perhaps the field code could notice some magic text
property or something, that says `this is really outside'?

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research