Re: Viper generates lots of X11 traffic -- how to debug?

From: Michael Kifer
Subject: Re: Viper generates lots of X11 traffic -- how to debug?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:17:40 -0400

Viper changes cursor color when it changes state (insert to command to
emacs, etc).
It seems that somehow when you hit this tab state gets changed numerous
times (which is strange). In any case, I agree that emacs should optimize
this.
Viper does it by modifying frame parameters. Could it be that
modify-frame-parameters tries to redraw the entire frame?

        --michael