Re: Unicode/Mule (Re: null-device)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Unicode/Mule (Re: null-device)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:32:03 -0600 (MDT)

    Yes, I'm all with you (really).  But it's Eli who permanently complains
    "we don't have enough developers".  Sure, you don't have to follow
    proposals by Eric Naggum, Werner LEMBERG or me to improve the
    situation.  It isn't nice to blame us who we try to show ways out.

The only proposal I saw in your message was that we discard a major
facility that many people use, and start over.  That kind of talk is
cheap.  As for Eric Naggum, he was downright hostile.  We're better
off without such "help".

Werner Lemberg did help, I believe, with designing the solution we
want to use for adopting Unicode.  The next step is for someone to
implement it.